Each year, just before the beginning of the fall semester, DCCCD welcomes back its staff with Faculty Return Week. For the second consecutive year, our Learning Technology Team will give presentations throughout the week across the entire district.
In all, Learning Technology Team members Michelle Stewart, David Wood and Jenny Wakefield will present at five DCCCD colleges during Return Week. The team will also present at District Conference Day on Aug. 18 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
LeCroy’s Michael Coleman and Jesus Moreno are also a part of LeCroy’s outreach efforts during Return Week. The two will give presentations about DCCCD’s video streaming service Stream It at Brookhaven on Aug. 16.
DCCCD Faculty Return Week is from Aug. 14-18. Plan your week by looking at the schedule and get a synopsis of a few of the presentations below:
- Make a Start: 6 Steps Towards an Accessible Course
- This presentation covers six steps that will get you started toward accessibility compliance. These steps will also help you create a more Universally Designed course for all students. Prevent stress and get a head start on accessibility before you receive a request for accommodation.
- Planning for Unexpected Absences: How Do I Teach my Class in eCampus
- This presentation will provide faculty information about facilitating and creating emergency lessons when coming to campus is not possible. Many situations arise during the semester such as illness, severe weather, or campus closures. This presentation will discuss tools to help with the continuation of teaching and learning during emergency situations.
- Six Secrets to Online Group Work
- Coming up with ways to engage students in online group work can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! In this presentation, ideas you will learn about include some of the ways faculty have used online group work to enhance their students’ learning and to enrich the student experience. With little work, you too can get your students collaborating, interacting, and ideating in groups.